Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our Ultimate Path... and it's ok.

I have an announcement:  I am dying.  Yes.  Sad, but true.  But, I have good news:  It isn't because of Cancer, or liver failure, or due to some accident.  No, I am dying because that is what living entities do.  They live and they die.  I have been living for 33 years and my clock is ticking away as we speak.  Now... let us hope, myself especially, that the end of that clock is many years from now.  Because while I am dying, I don't plan to leave anytime soon.  I am dying, you are dying, everyone is dying... and that isn't a sad thing.  It is a part of living.  Please, watch this amazing video!



This amazing video looks at dying from a beautiful perspective.  We automatically think of dying as a bad thing.  And I don't blame our culture.  I have no interest in dying.  I like living.  I want to be here for my wife.  I want to be here for my beautiful daughters.  I enjoy listening to music, watching my favorite sports teams, laughing with friends, helping individuals get healthier and live a better life for the themselves.  I don't want any of these things to stop.

But what many of us do is fear what we cannot stop.  And that fear keeps us from really living.  Many times I get individuals who come into my office who are frustrated that their body isn't the same as it was 20 years ago.  Well of course it isn't the same.  No one's body is the same from 20 years ago.  Every time you injure the body you lose a percentage of physical integrity.  Your body is a machine.  You need to take care of it the best you can.  Give it the best fuel you can.  Take it out and exercise it.  Be happy!  Your body is the greatest instrument you have ever owned.

And... one day... your machine will be fully decommissioned.  And that is ok.  It was pre-destined the day you were conceived.  SO... until that fateful day... live life.  Be happy.  Strive to do great, and amazing things!  One more amazing video, a scene from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium where one of my favorite actors, Dustin Hoffman, gives an absolutely beautiful scene with Natalie Portman.  The simplicity and beauty of Mr. Hoffman's character's words are inspiring.


Live Happy, Healthy, and Ready for Anything!

- Adam Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment